In our previous post, we discussed what to do if you’ve been involved in an 18-wheeler accident for assisting the investigation, that is only half the research – what should you consider when hiring a car accident lawyer? When you are involved in a car accident, experience means everything when finding a competent auto accident lawyer to represent you and get you the compensation you deserve for your damages. Failure to find a good attorney could mean paying for your expenses as a result of the accident alone. To ensure you find a capable attorney to represent you, here are some basic things to take into consideration when searching for an auto accident lawyer to represent you.
Your best source for finding competent car accident lawyers to represent you is closer than you think.
- Lawyers from previous representation – perhaps you hired a lawyer who exceeded your expectations in the overall process of the case and awarded you the compensation you deserved for your injuries. You may want to rehire that attorney if his practices coincide with your case or request for a recommendation from that lawyer for another lawyer who can represent you.
- Relatives represented by a car accident lawyer – Request recommendations from friends and families for lawyers who previously represented them in their auto accident suit.
Once you have conducted your researched and gathered a compiled list of at least 3 potential candidates for you to review, examine the auto accident lawyer’s website to review basic background credentials such as education, level of experience, and client testimonials. At this time, you will want to speak with each lawyer for consideration. During the initial free consultation phone call, you will exchange general information on your auto accident case. To accurately prepare for your call, you should have some of the following questions to better understand your lawyer.
- Level of experience in auto accident cases?
- What percentage of your practice is auto accident cases?
- Do you have any experience with dealing with injury as a result of auto accident cases?
- What representation experience do you have similar to my auto accident?
- What results have you received in this type of case?
- What would you say is a likely settlement value in this particular type of case?
Deciding on a Lawyer
So you have interviewed your candidates and obtained all the information for your decision, you now need to focus on the following to determine which lawyer to hire:
McGinity Law Firm has been helping families across New Orleans, Covington, Metairie, and Southern Louisiana for the past 15 years, getting optimal compensation for personal injury victims of car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, or 18-wheeler accidents. Call our Covington, LA office at (985)-892-4444 for a free consultation.